Read our blog for tips on choosing the right front door for your home.
Upgrading your front door is undoubtedly rewarding; in addition to modernising the front of your home, a new entrance door will provide a range of performance benefits. You really are spoilt for choice with them too, with a selection of styles, colours, materials and hardware from which to choose. So you’re able to find exactly what you’re looking for with a new front door, we’ve created this comprehensive guide.
The first thing to consider when buying a new front door is the material and here at Warmseal you can choose from either uPVC or composite doors.
- Because uPVC is a good insulator and uPVC door frames are fitted with multiple chambers, you can enjoy a warmer, more comfortable home and an excellent thermal performance.
- uPVC doors are user-friendly, excellent value for money and highly durable, providing you with a hassle-free passageway between the inside and outside of your property.
- Resistant to warping, discolouration and cracking, not only are uPVC doors built to last but they’ll look good for years to come too.
- uPVC is a low maintenance material that only needs the odd wipe down to keep clean.
- Fitted with high-security locks and door hinges, and approved by Secured by Design, the official UK Police flagship initiative, your home will be heavily secured against unwanted intrusions.
As a leading provider of composite doors in the North East and Kent regions we have a wide range of composite doors to suit any home. Composite doors have many additional benefits which include:
- Featuring an ABS plastic skin and uPVC edge banding, composite doors resist damage extremely well and they will not warp or crack. They will also never need repainting and can be kept clean just as easily as uPVC doors can.
- Approved by the Secured by Design scheme, dense timber cores provide the doors with incredible reinforcement. When combined with high-performance locking systems and hinges, outstanding levels of security are achieved.
- Quite simply, our composite doors are some of the most energy-efficient front doors on the market, allowing you to turn your home’s entranceway into a beautifully warm, draught & weather-free zone.
- Using our composite door designer tool, you can choose everything from the door’s style and the glazing to the hardware and colour.
What front door will suit my house?
After deciding which material suits your practical requirements, it’s time to think about the look you’d like for your home. It’s important your new front door suits your property’s unique character, especially if you’re thinking of selling your home in the future. After all, if someone feels the current door doesn’t match the property, there’s a good chance they’ll want to change it and so they might lower their offer to account for this.
Your chosen door style will have a dramatic impact on its overall appearance so be sure to pick something suitable for your home. A wide range of contemporary and traditional door designs are available to choose from for both composite doors and uPVC doors. Therefore, it’s easy to find something that is suitable for rural cottages, ultra-modern apartments and anything in between.
If your preferred door style comes with a section or two of glazing, this is another part that you’ll have to think about. Glass sections are available in various decorative designs and you can choose from a number of glass types, including bevelled and coloured glass, creating a variety of unique looks.
PVC entrance door and composite door hardware
Your chosen hardware will have a significant impact on the door’s overall appearance so it is another important consideration. For our uPVC entrance doors and composite doors, you can choose from a selection of hardware styles such as:
- Letter plates
- Hinges &
All door furniture comes in a selection of finishes and in traditional or contemporary designs, to suit the look you’re going for.
Both uPVC doors and composite doors are available in a variety of colour options. The GRP skin on composites, however, is embossed with the grain appearance of natural timber, so it’s possible to emulate the look of a timber entrance door.
Speak to one of our specialists today to find out more about our range of uPVC and composite doors to get your free quote.