Top 6 aspects that you MUST think about when having your door replaced.
Almost decided on your perfect door? Here are the top 6 things to consider before coming to a final decision:
- 1. Cost – It’s important to consider your overall home improvement budget, especially if a new front door is only one part of your home renovation project. Generally, composite doors are a little pricier than their uPVC counterparts. However, their average life expectancy is a little bit longer, so they may provide better long-term value.
- 2. Thermal performance – The more thermally efficient your entrance door, the warmer your home will be and the more you can save on your heating bills. There is no real clear winner in terms of thermal performance between uPVC and composite doors. Compared to an old front door, however, both are considerably more efficient.
- 3. Security – a new front door should never compromise the security of your home. Fortunately, the doors of today are built from stronger stuff and are equipped with more advanced locking mechanisms than those of days gone by. So, by swapping out the old one, you’re bound to increase your home’s security.
- 4. Durability – Changing your front door every few years is not something you should be expected to do. Therefore, the quality of the components in use should be incredibly high, plus the doors should be built to last. When buying from us, whether you choose a uPVC or composite door, the quality of the materials is second to none and either option comes with a guarantee.
- 5. Installation time – on average it takes around a day for an old front door to be removed and a new one to be fitted. However, someone will need to be at home to let the installer in, so make sure you arrange an installation time that is convenient for yourself.
- 6. Aftercare – Any reputable company should provide an aftercare service if they’re replacing your front door. This is important for maximising the door’s lifespan. Here at Warmseal, we provide excellent aftercare services on all our products.
If you want to find out more about our range of doors, speak to one of our consultants today to get your free quote.